Sunday 17 May 2015

Is It Worth It To Sacrifice Personal Life For A Career?

Former CFO Erin Callan Lehman Brothers, which was one of the most powerful women on Wall Street before the death of the bank, wrote an article in really desperate The New York Times. Her column entitled "Is there life after work?" On the question of balancing career and personal life - a topic that has recently become very discussed.

Callan article in the newspaper was very personal. In her senior manager, who was a "forerunner" of Wall Street, bitterly regret that spent a crazy amount of hours on the job, putting his career above family, friends and her first husband.

Callan, who, having married a second time, think about the children, recognized that she would give birth to her, but at 47 years old is not easy.

After the bankruptcy of Lehman, it seems, has come to the realization that should not go to extremes in the work to become CFO. 

"I often wondered if I could achieve the position CFO, if it had not injected before losing momentum. Until recently, I thought that my increased focus on career was the most powerful component of my success. But I'm starting to realize that I was a bad bargain, trading a short position. I was talented, intelligent and energetic. You did not have to become so extreme. This approach to work also carries significant costs.

Is It Worth It To Sacrifice Personal Life For A Career
Is It Worth It To Sacrifice Personal Life For A Career?


I should not have been hanging on my BlackBerry after waking up to the last minute late at night waking. You did not have to eat most of the dishes, standing on my desk. There was no need to fly to a meeting in Europe instead of birthday celebrations. Now I think that would achieve the same position, giving his personal life more attention. None of the victims have not done, you can not get everything, but it would be more harmony. "

Only now recognized Callan, she begins to learn to manage your life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment